Thursday, July 9, 2009

Holy Hiatus Bat-person

I can't believe how long I've been off the bike, and today's excursion on the Redline made me wonder what's wrong with me.

I have a lovely bike, I need to ride it. It's such a different feeling than driving a powered vehicle - you are limited only by your own will-power, not the diameter of your throttle body / mass rate of flow through the engine.

The blackberries along Tapeworm / Towers of Power have a long way to go to ripen.

In other news: the Bally's right down the street closed without warning. Sign of the times? I am extremely, extremely unhappy about this. They had a nice pool.

1 comment:

a man said...

only 7 days since last official MTB ride and I was garbage this morning... skill degradation not aided by the lack of rain's effect on the trails, either... What I'm saying is: bro, I feel you.